You may have probably seen us mentioned around the community, you may have done business with us, or you may have even played with our Chess Set outside our offices on the square.
Well, this humble travel agent on Church Street has now entered the realm of blogging, and to start off we’ll be covering a few things you may not have known:
- We have been in Church Street since 1966(!)
Since ’95 as ‘Crusader Travel‘, but up until then as ‘Twickers World‘.
- Crusader Travel is an entirely independent and fully protected travel agency.
We rely exclusively on our small expert team and maintain great relationships with our suppliers; we have protection via our membership to the TTA (Travel Trust Association) and we have an ATOL (Air Travel Organiser’s Licence).
- Our expert team of seven encompasses a diverse and eclectic mix of travel passions, bolstered by an excellent knowledge of all things travel.
We take bookings for diving, the natural world, wildlife safaris, villas, cruises, city breaks – we do it all and in all seven continents.
- Hedda specialises in the Natural World, and loves to take you to the world’s most beautiful places.
She was the first tour operator (from Europe) to take tours to the Enchanted Isles of the Galapagos (1972), and is keen on rich cultural tours and wildlife expeditions.
- Bruce (that’s me) ‘discovered’ the Red Sea.
The first in Europe to market Eilat, Sinai and beyond as the alternative Winter Sun destination early in the 1970’s.
- Billur hails from Turkey and is passionate about this country.
She will take you diving worldwide, and if you are seeking a fabulous beach holiday she can do this too.
- Courtney – a bit of Brooklyn in Twickenham.
Larger than life – she specialises in great itineraries across North America, villas and is the queen of cruising.
- Shona, in addition to her travel interest and passion for Morocco and Tunisia, is an accomplished artist!
She also takes care of Crusader’s sales and marketing, and you can visit her gallery in the office.
- Crusader Travel loves the Niche Markets.
Anything is possible – we take enquiries of all levels. Alongside Diving, Wildlife Safaris, Villas etc. we can also tailor make your holiday, and make your dreams come true!
- Still enjoys direct enquiries!
Despite the ‘Internet Age’, Crusader Travel gets about as much custom directly as it does from online sources – there is nothing better than a personal touch.
Bruce’s Blog is for you.
Each week I’ll be drawing upon mine and my colleagues’ experience, as I keep you up-to-date with the latest travel news, innovations, changing trends, holiday habits and much more!
See you next week!